Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Charting Progress

Today I have an accountability tip for you! Think about the fundamentals of your weight loss how you are going to achieve your weight loss goal, refer to the five golden rules I posted previously. Each of those items are steps in the process, steps that I had to turn into habits. This is one of the techniques I used to make working out a habit. This is how I keep myself accountable to the amount of exercise I do.
Also, this strategy is something I picked up from actor comedian Jerry Seinfeld. So, if you're done looking like an ugly baby, or want to slim down your man hands; get a calendar. A real one, made of paper for some tactile/visual cognition. Sorry Far Side, this cant be of the day by day variety, you'll need to view the whole month. Put it somewhere you will see it every day. I keep mine posted next to my desk at work where it serves the dual function of showing the date.
Every day I exercise I put a bright pink dot on the date. This way, at the end of the month, I should have this pretty bedazzled calendar that charts my progress. I look forward to dotting my calendar, and it is pretty noticeable when I've missed too many workouts. It is a subtle display of my achievements- until a co-worker stops by, and I point at it and say, "See all those pink dots? Those are all the days I've killed it at the gym!".

Make yourself aware of what you're doing, and reflect frequently on what you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment